Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Great Comic Artists: Dan Parent (Part 1)

I met Dan Parent, one of the great modern Archie artists at New York Comic Con 2013. I managed to get this great Little Archie coloured sketch from him. Parent is known for writing and doing the art on Betty & Veronica (Or B & V, as they have been known to be called recently) since the 90's and I was going to get a Betty or Veronica sketch, but I love Little Archie, my all time favourite Archie Character (Yes, I consider him a different character than the teen Archie), and Parent (as far as I know) hasn't done many Little Archie stories so I thought this would be a unique character to get.

Dan Parent actually graduated from the Joe Kubert School and went a different route to Archie
characters than his fellow graduates.
In 2010, Dan Parent created Kevin Keller, Archie's first gay character and the first Archie comic to sell out in it's entire history.

No comments:

Post a Comment