Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Comics That Seen Better Days #1

I've got hundreds of poor comics that I kept stacked in my room, and for some reason, I just don't want to throw them out. They aren't part of my main collection, but I feel like I'm rescuing them from the trash heap and I keep them for reference, house ads, and scanning but some of them are beat to hell. I figured I'd get some use out of them on here.
Here's a wonderful Neal Adams cover for Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane No. 79, November, 1967 that has seen better days. I guess if you're gonna rip a cover, do it right, I guess. There's way too many great DC house ads in this baby to turf it just yet, and the Letters To Lois And Lana page is a keeper for sure. The bottom line is...This is how you distress a comic.
Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane, No. 79, November 1967.
Cover By Neal Adams.
Interior art by Kurt Schaffenberger.
Wow, How many times has Lois been "married" in this title? and Superman really is a jealous asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment