Monday, January 7, 2013

Comics That Seen Better Days #2

This copy of Marvel Tales #45 is a complete mess, the cover is ripped off completely and split in two and it has a "Aug. 17 1974" stamp on the cover and a "Property Of Joe MacEachern" stamp on the first page. There's also five additional staples put there by someone (My money's on Joe) to hold the cover together. Dear Joe, they did not hold. Five Staples...wow. Of course I will keep this baby because I don't like throwing out comics and it has great ads, and maybe someday I will meet Joe MacEachern and help him recapture his childhood by giving him back one of his comics.
Marvel Tales No. 45, September 1973.
Cover By John Romita, Sr.
Interior Art By John Romita, Sr., Don Heck & Mike Esposito.
This is a reprint of Amazing Spider-Man No. 62, July 1968.
The original cover from Amazing Spider-Man features a plain white background.
An additional background with bystanders was added for this reprint cover.
I have another question, Joe MacEachern, what does the 62 mean?
How can I possibly throw out a comic that has an ad with a caption like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment